Some of the salient features of the design concepts:
- No wood or asbestos component
- Each zone has separate AHUs (Air Handling Units), dehumidification unit and dust extraction systems.
- Segregation of every critical processing activity in each zone, to avoid cross-contamination. Respective zones, areas and even uniforms marked with specific colours to ensure total segregation.
- Air environment conditioned in each area with respect to temperature, humidity, filtration, particle counts, etc.
- Conformation of each processing stage with US Federal Standard 209E class of cleanliness; viz. 100, 1,000, 10,000, 100,000 with respect to room air changes, pressure, particle count, flow direction etc.
- Isolated and dedicated production facilities for B-Lactum and Cephalosporin dosage forms.
The Plant is equipped with modern high-speed machines and integrated packaging lines to be cost efficient with programmable logic control (PLC).
Extensive use of non-fill devices, on line metal detection, visual inspection machines, multi-station tablet presses, Double layer table compression, multi station blister pack machine (Kit pack), FFS machines for liquid filling and powder filling, are some of the examples.
The plant—with high capacities and scope for future expansion—is capable of manufacturing all dosage forms viz. Tablets, General Capsules, Liquid Orals in bottles and sachets, Dry powder for suspension, Oral Powder in sachets, External preparation like ointment and external powder, coated pellets and beta-lactum capsule/dry powder.